At Cooper Perry Primary School, we are committed to providing a high quality early years’ education, which gives children a secure and confident start to their school life and nurtures a lifelong love of learning. We are fully committed to the purpose and aims of the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework.
“Every child deserves the best possible start in life and the support that enables them to fulfil their potential. Children develop quickly in the early years and a child’s experiences between birth and age five have a major impact on their future life chances. A secure, safe and happy childhood is important in its own right. Good parenting and high quality early learning together provide the foundation children need to make the most of their abilities and talents as they grow up.”
Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage
The education we offer at Cooper Perry is based on the following principles:
· It builds on what our children already know and can do
· It ensures that no child is excluded or disadvantaged
· It offers a structure for learning that has a range of starting points, content that matches the needs of young children, and activities that provide opportunities for learning both indoors and outdoors
· It provides a rich and stimulating environment.
The Foundation Stage Curriculum
The Early Learning Goals are the knowledge, skills and understanding which young children should have acquired by the time they reach the end of reception.
There are three prime areas of learning:
1. Communication and Language
2. Physical Development
3. Personal, Social and Emotional Development
In addition, there are four core areas of learning:
3. Understanding the World
4. Expressive Arts and Design