1. The name of the school is Cooper Perry Primary School
2. The school is a community school
3. The name of the governing body is: 'The governing body of Cooper Perry Primary School.'
The governing body shall consist of:
a. 4 parent governors:
Cat Davies (parent of 2 children currently in school),
Sallie Churchill (parent of 1 child currently in school),
Kathryn Light (parent of 3 children currently in school),
b. 1 local authority governor: Robert Simpson
c. 1 teacher governor: Harriet Fletcher
d. 1 Head teacher governor: 2 acting co Head teachers: Michelle Vogtlander & Claire Jones
e. 5 co-opted governors:
Claire Jones, Michelle Vogtlander, Jean Wetton, Paul Heath and Sarah Garner (parent of 1 child currently in school),
5. Total number of governors: 12
6. The term of office for all governors is 4 years
7. The instrument of governance comes into effect on 1 September, 2015.
8. This instrument was made by ordered Staffordshire Local Authority on 31 August 2015
9. A copy of the instrument must be supplied to every member of the governing body (and the Head teacher if not a governor), any trustees and to the appropriate religious body.
Clerk to School Governors: Jacqueline Turton Entrust
Governor Open days are an opportunity for governors to come into school to visit our setting on a work day when pupils and staff are in class; they have at least 1 focus which is linked to our School Development Plan. The day takes the form of: a learning walk, book discussions, pupil voice meeting, lunch with staff and children, a review of curriculum requirements and a discussion and feedback session with Senior Leaders.
These days are supplementary to Governor Committee meetings which are held during each term where governors meet with representatives of this committee to review policy, the school development actions as well as challenge the day to day running of our school and the roles and responsibilities of all members of staff.
Full Governors Meetings are held each term, they are a formal clerked meeting where the minutes of each committee are reviewed and the Head teachers present a report which covers: policy, data, attendance, subject developments, communication with governors and an overview of the term with key development areas moving forward all linked to the School Development Plan, any Ofsted development areas and The SEF (self evaluation framework).
Robert Simpson (Chair): firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah Garner (Vice Chair): email@example.com
Paul Heath (Vice Chair): firstname.lastname@example.org
Sallie Churchill: email@example.com
Cat Davies: firstname.lastname@example.org
John Davies: email@example.com
Jean Wetton: firstname.lastname@example.org
Michelle Vogtlander (Staff): email@example.com
Claire Jones (Staff): firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathryn Light (Parent): email@example.com